Saturday, November 15, 2008

Police probe footballer incident

Detectives are to investigate an incident in which Chelsea striker Didier Drogba threw an object into the crowd, Scotland Yard has confirmed. The 30-year-old has already apologised for reacting, after Burnley fans threw what is believed to be a coin on to the pitch at Stamford Bridge. The incident took place after Drogba scored his first goal of the season after 27 minutes of last night's Carling Cup tie. Drogba also appeared to gesture to the away fans and may now face an FA probe and a possible misconduct charge. Chelsea eventually went on to lose on penalties . The Ivorian, who was shown the yellow card for his actions, said: "I tried to celebrate the goal and I received some things at me. "The big mistake I did was to throw it back so if someone was hurt, I want to apologise for it. It was...in the heat of the moment and I regret it."

No comments: